Capitalized terms that have been used here but are undefined shall have the same meaning as attributed to them in the Terms of Service. Users (as defined hereinafter) are requested to read this Policy in conjunction with the Terms of Service.
As we update, improve and expand, this Policy may change, so please refer back to it periodically. By accessing the Site, App or otherwise using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, and use of the personal information you provide (including any changes thereto as provided by you) for any of the services that we offer.
We respect the privacy of the users of the Services (“Users” or “you”) and are committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the User as collected by us is:
- information supplied by Users and
- information automatically tracked while using a mobile device having Services enabled (collectively referred to as “Information”). By using Services, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with any term in this Policy, please do not use the Services.
Information supplied by users
- To provide certain Services on the App, Users are required to provide certain personal information for the registration process which may include: a) their name, b) email address, c) phone number, d) business entity information, (e) account number of the Users, (f) KYC details and any other such information as required. The Information as supplied by the Users enables us to provide the Services and improve the Services and provide you the most user-friendly experience.
- In some cases/provision of certain service(s) or utility(ies), we may require your contact address as well. Further, upon downloading the App, Users are requested to share access to their contact list (as stored on their mobile device on which the App is downloaded), so as to enable the User to share payment/credit updates with their customers (who might be or might not be Users).
- All Information is service-dependent and we may use the Information to provide the Services, maintain, protect, and improve the Services, and for developing new services.
- We may also use your email address and phone number without further consent for marketing, non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, for customer service purposes, providing information about updates to Services, billing, etc.).
- Any Information provided by you will not be considered as personal information if it is freely available and/or accessible in the public domain or is not deemed as personal information under the applicable law. Further, any reviews, comments, messages, blogs posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated by Users on the public sections of the Site or an application store (like the App Store or Play Store) becomes published content and is not considered as personal information which is subject to this Policy.
- In case you choose to decline to submit Information on the App/Site, we may not be able to provide certain services on the App/Site to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the appropriate time. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you due to not receiving necessary Information from you.
- When you register with the Services, we may (at our discretion) contact you from time to time about updates of your Information.
- Information automatically tracked while using the App or Site Credit/Payment Records: We store all your credit/payment records in a cloud-based environment using the services of third-party infrastructure service providers.
- Customer Information: We store the contact information of your customers.
- Demographic and Related Information: We may reference other sources of demographic and other information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions. We use Google Analytics, among others, to track the User behavior on Site.
- Log File Information: Our servers automatically collect limited Information about your device’s connection to the internet, including your IP address, when you visit our Site or use the App. We automatically receive and log Information from the App and/or your browser including but not limited to IP address, your device or computer’s name, and your operating system, We may also collect log Information from your device, including but not limited to your location, IP address, your device’s name, device’s serial number or unique identification number (e.g. UDID on your iOS device, Android ID or ADID on your Android Device), your device operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed etc.
Link to third party sites/ad-servers
- The Information (including personal information) collected may be shared with our group companies to the extent required for our internal business and/or administrative purposes and/or general corporate operations and the User hereby consents to the same. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that under such circumstances, we protect your personal information and make them subject to appropriate confidentiality/non-disclosure obligations and applicable provisions of the data protection laws.
- The User explicitly consents that we may have access to the contacts in your directory, location and device information and we may request you to provide your Know-Your-Customer/Business (KYC/B) details to check your eligibility for certain products/services including but not limited to credit and payment products, etc., to enhance your experience and provide you access to the services being offered by us, our affiliates or other third party service providers (including lenders).
- Further, the User also consents to sharing of Information (including sensitive personal information) when it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing the Terms of Service or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations. No personal information of an individual User such as name, phone number, email address, spends data, card details etc. would be shared with any other User and/or third-party unless explicitly approved by the concerned individual User himself/herself. We may also present information related to credit records, User spends, patterns and User data tracked by us only in the form of aggregated statistics on data such as overall app usage by date, time, balances, etc. within our App/Site or to our partners.
By using the Services and providing information to us, Users agree and consent to the disclosure, transfer, storage, and processing of the personal information (including the sensitive personal information) by us in Kenya and / or in other countries to its affiliates, group companies. While our primary motive is to protect the disclosure of personal information (except in accordance with the provisions of this Policy) of Users, Users may note that countries where their Information may be stored, may not have data protection laws similar to the countries where they are located.
Accessing and updating personal information
When Users use the Site (or any of its sub-sites) / App, we make good faith efforts to provide Users, as and when requested by Users, with access to their Information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or other information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible, subject to any requirement for such personal information or sensitive personal data or information to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual Users to identify themselves and the Information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning Information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide Information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your Information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Information storage and backup
From time to time, we take backup of your data on App on our cloud database. This is done for the purpose of enabling Users to get their data back in case their phone’s data becomes unusable, or phone gets lost, or the User moves to a new phone device. We also use this backup to provide useful insights and information related to their spends such as weekly spends in a month, insights related to spend behavior, etc., and to provide information related to User spends, patterns and User data in the form of aggregated and anonymized statistics on data such as User spends by category, date, time, etc.
We shall keep User’s Information in our records till the period of time where we can potentially offer the Services to the Users. After such a period of time where Services are no more relevant to a User, we remove all the Information pertaining to a particular User from our records.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of data including accidental or intentional manipulation, loss from access by unauthorized parties. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All Information gathered on the App is securely stored within the controlled database. Access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited.
Our security measures are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect technological developments. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal information is kept secure, however, please understand that no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% (one hundred percent) secure.
We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the applicable data protection laws to ensure the protection and preservation of the User’s privacy and personal Information. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in specific jurisdiction to protect User’s Personal Information. By accepting the terms of this Policy, you agree that the standards and practices being implemented by us, are reasonable and sufficient for the protection of your personal information.
We will contact you regarding any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or any other feasible manner in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement and will undertake all measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Purpose of Data Processing
We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have a lawful basis to do so. Our primary purpose in collecting your information, including Personal Information from you is to deliver personalized Patika and its various features. Please note that should you choose to not provide us consent to collect your information, including Personal Information, we may not be able to perform the contract with you. Where we refer to ‘perform the contract’ we mean the Terms of Service applicable to your use of the Services, which means that you may either not be able to access certain features of the Services or we may not be able to provide you the Services in entirety.
For example, we use your information where we need the Personal Information to perform the contract with you (for example, to provide the Platform or our services to you) so as to:
- Register you on our Platform
- Provide you with customer or technical support including addressing support queries related to, but not limited to, payment processing, or to diagnose any problems with our servers etc.
- Send you transactional emails/SMS or to provide you with information, direct marketing, and other materials regarding products, services and other offers from time to time in connection with the Service or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies (“Platform Entities”) and its joint ventures.
- Determine your geographic location, to provide you localized content including advertisements, personalized recommendations, allow you to continue watching/using previous content at another time, and to determine your Internet service provider to troubleshoot a technical issue, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- To provide you with a personalized service and experience; we do this by linking some or all of your Personal Information such as transactions done with Patika with your activity on our Platform across all your devices and associating and storing this information with a unique platform generated identifier that is generated for each user (guest as well as registered user). When a guest user subsequently registers and creates an account, the information and data relating to such user’s past activities gets added to and associated with the registered account.
- In other contexts, if the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we use your Personal Information where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Or otherwise whenever the law requires us to get your permission or where we have stated we may seek your permission in this Privacy Notice. In some contexts, we use your Personal Information where we have a legal obligation to do so or to protect your vital interests or those of another person:
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- Confirming your identity if you are exercising legal rights;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us/our distributor.
When you access or use the Services or send any data, query, request or communication to us via our Support email, you understand that you are communicating with us electronically, and that we may respond via electronic means from us, such as by email.
Revocation of consent
A User can revoke his consent to the processing of his personal information at any time with effect for the future. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal information where such collection, use, and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Responsible organization for the data collection
All the Services are currently provided and regulated by the Company and therefore the Company is responsible for the collection, storage, and processing of personal information of the Users.
We may alter our Policy from time to time to incorporate necessary changes in technology, applicable law or any other variant. In any case, we reserve the right to change (at any point of time) the terms of this Policy or the Terms of Service. Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give by posting the new policy on the Site. Your use of the Services after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. We may also make reasonable efforts to inform you via electronic mail. In any case, you are advised to review this Policy periodically on the Site to ensure that you are aware of the latest version.
In the event you have any grievance relating to the processing of information provided by you, you may contact our Grievance Officer at [email protected]